Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

...Worried about my beloved baby, Blue-Skye

Buenos Dias Love Bugs...

*deep sigh* Yesterday my precious baby Blue was spayed. This was done after MUCH disagreement between my better half and I. I fought tooth and nail, but I finally gave in because to be honest, I didn't want to deal with what comes with her being "in heat" (I don't have to give details, you know what I mean..lol).

Now lets be clear, I wasn't trying to become a dog breeder by any means, but I wanted Blue to have the opportunity to be able to have babies. Now that opportunity is out the window.

I'm surprisingly sad about the entire thing. Most of my sadness comes from seeing how sad she looks and the the fact that she can longer have babies. I'm also sad because I had to leave her at home alone and come to work. I'm sure she is confused and feels alone, and that breaks my heart! I should have taken a vacation day to be with her, but hell hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20! FML!!!

A part of me wanted her to have little babies so I could keep one! lol However, Ive heard its a arduous process to care for a small dogs when they are pregnant. Given the fact that my other half and I both work and are in school, AND still have to have QT as a couple, we definitely would  NOT have the time to care for Blue and her future pups. :(

Leaving her this morning was hard and as I type my eyes are tearing up! :( I will be the FIRST to admit, I was one of those people that said "its just a dog" when I saw how much people cared for and acted towards their dogs. Truth is yes she is a dog, however: 1. she is MY DOG..(well our dog..lol) and 2. she is a living creature. Though she is technically a animal and not a human baby,  she is my baby, and I feel bad for her.

I know spaying dogs is supposed to help population and BLAH BLAH BLAH... but its hurting me to see her SO out of it (she looks drowsy and sad), and I'm sure she is in pain! And to make matters worse, she has this stupid plastic cone around her neck. I have to admit seeing the cone did give a me a little chuckle because her little face is buried at the bottom of the cone. lol

If it weren't for the help of a Ambien, I'm I would have been up ALL NIGHT worried about her (if you cant tell I'm a worry wart!!!).

I took some pics of her last night and just look how sad she looks! My heart is aching for my precious baby!

Just look at that face! If your heart doesn't break, you DON'T have a soul! lol

Now this pic is what kept me from full blown crying! lol I had to laugh. Her head is swimming in the cone. LMAO

And take a look at this ish! this is serious business! NEVER have I had to administer medicine to anyone but myself! Thank 10.5 pound sweet baby Jesus for my "cupcake" (my other half)! I COULDN'T give Blue these meds! (yea I'm a BIG baby....SO WHAT..lol) Seeing this made me realize how serious her procedure was! I think I'm too damn emotional, I should have gotten a gold fish. But hell that didn't work in our household either, the empty fish bowl is still on the bookshelf from where Monty our Betta fish once lived and I don't think cupcakes heart can take another loss! lol (RIP Monty)

...Anyway thanks for reading/listening. Til next time love bugs! *muah*




No comments:

Post a Comment